The “Centre for Children” operates under the responsibility of the “Network for Children’s Rights” as part of the City of Athens Solidarity Centre, at the 1st floor of the “Frourarcheio” building, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 2, Domokou st., opposite the Larissa Station.
The centre welcomes all children, without any discrimination based on gender, race, ethnic origin, color and religion. It respects, promotes and supports Children’s Rights with suitable individual and group programs of cultural content. The centre is an open space of creative & pedagogical activities, created with the support of SolidarityNow and EEAGrants. The participation is free of charge.
The weekly program includes experiential and interactive activities for children and parents:
- Pedagogical/Creative teams for children of pre-school age
- Individual Pedagogical/Creative programs for school children
- Group Pedagogical/Creative programs for school children
- Learning support for school children
- Parent-children meetings in the context of Life-long Learning
- Group Psychological support for children
- Socio-pedagogical support for children
- Pediatrician advice to parents and children
- Social services provision (referrals, communication and mediation with other bodies for social support)
- Greek language groups for parents
- Meetings with educators on school and education issues
- Group dialogue meetings with specialists (pediatrician, gynecologist, educator etc.)
- Supporting families with clothing and food
In collaboration and networking with state and municipal services, as well as with other non-profit bodies and organizations, the Centre provides information and encouragement. It also supports personal children needs. Within the operation of the Solidarity Centre, the Centre for Children collaborates in priority with the partner organizations and services of the NGO Arsis, Praksis, and Together for Children.
For more information: tel. 210.8220883 & 210.8257667