Job vacancy description:
In the framework of the program Young Journalists and the newspaper “Migratory Birds” implemented by the Network for the Rights of the Child, it is announced the position of part-time Farsi interpreter / cultural mediator.
- Provide accurate intercultural Mediation & Interpretation while briefings or sessions with beneficiaries are conducted
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries and the professionals in an understandable and culturally acceptable way
- Translation of articles from Farsi to Greek or English and vice versa
- Participation in the journalist classes and editorial meetings
- Ability to attend evening and Saturday when needed
- Excellent knowledge of Farsi
- Excellent knowledge of Greek or/and English language
- Previous professional experience, at least 1 year
- Good Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience in immigration / refugee and experience with vulnerable groups as well as knowledge of the NGO area
- Team spirit and collaboration with the staff
Interested candidates should submit their CV and motivation letter (up to 500 words) until 04/01/2022 at the email email@example.com mentioning in the email subject: Interpretation / Cultural mediator Farsi.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The interviews can be conducted before the deadline. Those interested should be available to work immediately.
We encourage asylum seekers and recognized refugees who meet the above qualifications to submit their CV, as it will be considered as an additional qualification and experience due to the subject and target group of the program.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the general data protection regulation (GDPR).