In the framework of the program for Unaccompanied refugee children in Attica In collaboration with the National Emergency Response Mechanism for Unaccompanied Minors in Unsafe Living Conditions (“National Mechanism”) implemented by the Network for Children’s Rights, it is announced the position of full-time Urdu/Punjabi interpreter / cultural mediator working in shifts.
Duration: 3 months
- Provide accurate intercultural Mediation & Interpretation while briefings or sessions with beneficiaries are conducted
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries and the professionals in an understandable and culturally acceptable way
- Streetwork at the city center of Athens, along with members of the team
- Record keeping
- Excellent knowledge of Urdu/Punjabi
- Very good knowledge of Greek or English language
- Previous professional experience, at least 1 year
- Good Computer Knowledge (Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience in immigration / refugee and experience with vulnerable groups as well as knowledge of the NGO area
- Team spirit and collaboration with the staff
Interested candidates should submit their CV and motivation letter (up to 500 words) until 16/12/2022 at the email email@example.com mentioning in the email subject: Interpretation / Cultural mediator Urdu/Punjabi.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Those interested should be available to work immediately (1/1/2023).
We encourage asylum seekers and recognized refugees who meet the above qualifications to submit their CV.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the general data protection regulation (GDPR).